Week 12 04/20/16: Cultured Pickle Shop
Hello fellow fermenters!
The semester is coming to an end and we’ve had so much fun learning about fermentation & culture with you all. This coming Wednesday will be the final class potluck and we can’t wait to see what you all have been fermenting.
● FoodInno Social: We are having a social for our club, FoodInno, and our decal tomorrow (4/22). RSVP at https://www.facebook.com/events/1591769224471436/ for some fun and finger food (homemade croissants, crackers & cheese, hummus, pita chips, ice cream cookie sandwiches just to name a few...)!
● Course Evaluation:
○ We will dedicate 5 minutes of class time for the course evaluation.
○ Please fill out the course evaluation here: http://goo.gl/forms/7mGYz8ED9F
○ Due date: Wednesday, 4/27
○ The final will be a class potluck. Please bring a dish that is fermented or incorporates a fermented food. At the beginning of class, students will give a 3-minute presentation on the fermentation process incorporated into their dish and their inspiration.
Cultured Pickle Shop Recap:
● Thank you so much for joining us on the Cultured field trip this past Wednesday! We hope you all had fun, and we welcome you to share your experience with us during the potluck.
● We tasted strawberry lemon mint kombucha, ginger turmeric kombucha, kazazuke, umeboshi, pickled carrots, pickled krauts, and so much more!
● Kevin, from Cultured Pickle Shop, shared with us his philosophy, business model, and the benefits of wild fermentation!
● Check out the pictures from our field trip here: https://goo.gl/photos/uEKtgCNqi95D3prB9
● Link to our blog and past newsletters
Can’t wait to see you all during the final on Wednesday, 4/27!
Agnes, Vicky, Hailey and Cindy
Fermentation: “Culturing” Your World DeCal, UC Berkeley
Wednesdays, 6-7 pm
Location: 2030 VLSB